ARTIST INTERVIEW: JOSH KERR

I've always admired someone who can sing. But the more I listened to great music and traveled to Nashville the more I realized there was so much more to music than the artist who sang the songs. Then, I met Josh Kerr. He made me realize who I admire most in the music industry. Songwriters. 

It's one thing to have an amazing voice but it's something totally different to be able to put words on paper and with music. Josh Kerr can do both. 

Most everyone who is familiar with my blog or follows me on Twitter knows I'm always listening to his Soundcloud page and sharing his lyrics. The thing I look for when I'm listening to a song is that it is relatable. I've not heard a single song by Josh that I didn't relate to. And because of that, I will be a fan of his music forever. 

Because behind every favorite song, there is an untold story.
SO WITHOUT FURTHER INTRODUCTION, 
MEET MY FRIEND JOSH KERR

Full Name:   
Joshua Peter Kerr

Age:   
22
  
Hometown/currently live: 
   Hamburg, NY/Nashville, TN
  
What made you want to start writing songs?  
Music has always been a big part of my life. Writing songs became a creative outlet for me when I was about 16 years old. It wasn't until I was 18 that I found out you can write songs for a living. That changed my life.
  
Do you play any instruments?   
Guitar is my main instrument of choice these days, but I dabble in bass and piano from time to time. Little known fact: I actually went to college on a trumpet scholarship.
  
Did you teach yourself?  
Yes and no. My dad taught me how to play the bass and beginner chords on the guitar. From there I learned off of YouTube until college when I had my first lesson!
  
Who are your biggest musical inspirations?   
JOHN MAYER, Bruno Mars, Dave Barnes, Sam Hunt, anything with cool phrasing and a great groove. I'm really into the band MAGIC! right now.  

Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?   
95% of the time its from my personal life. It's just easier to write songs when you've actually gone through the situation. The best songs are real and honest.

Favorite songs you have written/co-written?  
Definitely gotta say Kelsea Ballerini's current single "Love Me Like You Mean It." Forest, Lance and Kelsea are some of the most talented writers in town. "Got You Girl" that I wrote with two of my best friends, Kelsea and Ryan Griffin. I'm also a big fan of "Lay It On Me" that I wrote with Dylan Scott. 

What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?  
Three days ago I got to watch Kelsea hear her single on the radio for the first time. Watching her reaction was priceless. It was almost unreal to hear a song on the radio that I wrote. That's every songwriter's dream.
[https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=916032621745303


Finish this sentence…if I could write a song for or with anyone I would choose______.  
  Ryan Tedder, hands down.

Where do you see yourself in a year?  
Writing songs and playing guitar on a major tour with Kelsea. Hopefully also accepting a Number 1 award for Love Me ;).        

5 years?   
Married and doing exactly what I'm doing now.

If I wasn't a songwriter I would be____
an elementary special ed teacher.

Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don't know!   
I played lacrosse for 14 years and always dreamed of being a professional athlete. Then I stopped growing when I reached 5'7'' so it was time to reconsider my dreams.
Check Out A Few Of My Favorite Josh Kerr Songs:
[MORE ON SOUNCLOUD HERE]

[DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW JOSH FOR UPDATES AND NEW MUSIC]

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/joshkerrmusic
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/joshkerrmusic
INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/joshkerrmusic
WEBSITE: http://www.joshkerrmusic.com
SOUNDCLOUD: https://soundcloud.com/josh-kerr-4





AND HEAD OVER AND PURCHASE KELSEA BALLERINI'S NEW SINGLE
 LOVE ME LIKE YOU MEAN IT ON ITUNES
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/love-me-like-you-mean-it-single/id892763915
[CO-WRITTEN BY JOSH KERR]
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK JOSH KERR FOR TAKING THE TIME TO WORK WITH ME. I AM ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT HIM AND SHARING HIS MUSIC WITH MY CLOSE FRIENDS. BUT NOW, I'M HAPPY I CAN FINALLY SHARE IT WITH ALL MY BLOG FOLLOWERS. IF YOU ARE A FAN, STICK AROUND. HE'LL ALWAYS HAVE A SPOT ON MY BLOG.