ARTIST INTERVIEW: CHRIS LANE

I always tell y'all the same thing but it's true…my favorite type of artist is one that has a sound entirely of their own. I LOVE hearing a song, EP, or artist that sounds like nothing I've ever heard before. I was recently introduced to country singer Chris Lane. After listening to a few of his songs I knew he was going to be one of my favorite artists of all time. In the past 2 days of listening to his music he has 3 songs on my Top 20 list on iTunes. In fact he and M Callahan are the only two on there more than once
I really love when a singer has a bit of a SOULFUL SOUND in their voice. Chris Lane has just that…and then some. With the hint of soul in all of his songs, his voice will draw you in before you even realize what has happened. 
{Q & A WITH THIS COUNTRY STUD}
Full Name: 
Christopher Eric Lane
  
Age:
29
   
Hometown/currently live: 
Grew up in Kernersville, NC/now living in Nashville, TN
When did you start singing? 
I guess you could say I’ve always sang but when I was younger it was just for fun, listening to the radio, or just trying to be entertaining and get a laugh. I had no clue at those young ages that it would eventually be what I did for a living!  I didn’t start singing out in front of people until after college.
What made you want to start singing? 
Well I was just finishing up my college baseball career and so I picked up a guitar, taught myself, then started trying to sing along and it surprised me how much I actually enjoyed playing and singing.  I went to a Keith Urban concert and thought that’s what I want to do!  Once I felt like I could actually get in front of people that, I booked some gigs in my hometown, after that I was hooked!
What instruments do you play? Did you teach yourself? 
The guitar, and yes self-taught!
Who are your biggest musical inspirations? 
Wow, that is actually a tough question! I have so many different people/genres that I get inspiration from.  My taste includes everything from Country to Classic Rock to Hip Hop and R&B.  Keith Urban is one of my current favorites!
Do you write your own music? 
I do, but I also have a lot of great writers at the publishing company where I’m signed, so I’m not afraid to cut one of their amazing songs either!
Where do you get inspiration to write your songs? 
You never know where that next song may come from.  It can come from a word or saying that just pops into your mind, experiences from relationships/friendships, it can literally be the smallest thing that gets your mind rolling.
What is your favorite song you've written? 
I am really excited for people to hear a song called “Drinking Games” that will be on my debut EP. 
What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?  
There has been so many here lately it’s hard to narrow it down to just one moment.  I can say that I am really excited to be on tour this summer with Florida Georgia Line and Nelly, that is sure to be filled with some great moments!  Getting to play in front of sold out arena crowds with FGL is something that at this point in my career has been a blessing that I have been very lucky to get to do.
Favorite person you've opened for/played with? 
Florida Georgia Line are my boys, they put on a heck of a show.  Also, had a blast last fall out on the road with Lee Brice!
  
Finish this sentence…if I could sing a duet with anyone I would choose___.
Taylor Swift, that girl has some serious writing skills!.
If I could play at any location I would choose ____.
Greensboro Coliseum, I grew up going to shows there, so it would be cool to go back home and play that venue! 
Where do you see yourself in a year? 
I hope in a year, I have released an EP/album that people love as much as I do.     
  
5 years?  
I would love to be headlining my own arena tour but as long as I’m still at touring and putting out my music, I will be very thankful!
If I wasn't a singer I would be…..a football coach. Why? 
I love the game so much, I would want to be involved in it somehow!
   
Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don't know! ​
I am a clean freak! Ask any of the guys in my band, they will tell you I am OCD when it comes to keeping things neat and clean! I also do a pretty good “cowardly lion” impression HAHA
{MY PERSONAL FAVORITE SONG}
"TOO TENNESSEE"
How can I NOT love a song written about the state I live in? I feel like there are TONS of Carolina songs (Chris has one too!) but not that many about the best state in the South. I love anything and everything about Tennessee. ESPECIALLY THIS SONG! 
DON'T BELIEVE ME? SEE FOR YOURSELF!
"And I like takin' the long way home and getting lost down dusty backwood roads. Well I can't blame her for not caring where they might lead. Maybe she's too New York, and maybe I'm too Tennessee."
{CRUISIN' WITH FGL AND CHRIS LANE!}
"4 day country rock trip full of music, partying, new friendships, and of course, a bit of kickin’ back, sippin’ on Southern, and cruising! We’ll sail aboard Norwegian Pearl November 8-12, 2014 from Miami to Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay, our own private island in the Bahamas. Our private island atmosphere will be nothing like that “little farm town” you’re used to, so say goodbye to that farmer’s tan, bring your bikinis, and grab a beer for a party in paradise that is sure to be blast!"

I'm suddenly EVEN more sad that I didn't buy a seat on this cruise. The line-up is AMAZING! Now with the addition of Chris..I'm really kicking myself in the butt for not signing up!
Follow Him On Twitter: @iamchrislane
Like His Facebook Page: Chris Lane
Follow Him On Instagram:@iamchrislane 
Check Him Out On Youtube

{Special thanks to Chris for allowing me to do this interview with him. I am thankful for the opportunity and I hope to review his music again in the future and see him at a LIVE show very soon!}