ARTIST INTERVIEW: KELSEA BALLERINI

A little over a year ago I made the greatest discovery of my life. That of course being Kelsea Ballerini’s music. They say “love at first sight” is real. What about “love at first listen?” Can that be a thing? In my mind it should be. I can honestly say I’ve listened to Kelsea’s music EVERY SINGLE DAY since the first time I heard her. Normally I would get tired of hearing the same songs and artists over and over. But not with Kelsea. 
Every single day I find a new reason to love her and her music.

Kelsea is the girl with the big voice, the amazing songwriting skills, the fun personality, the sweet soul and the kind heart. She has the whole package and I adore everything about her. [Side note: I totally envy her shoe collection.]

Kelsea is headed down the road to fame. No really, watch out Carrie and Miranda, there is a new girl blowing up her radio tour. I cannot wait to see this amazing girl perform on the CMA’s, headline her own tour, and win a Grammy. I’d be willing to bet anything she accomplishes all three of these things faster than anyone could imagine.  

At times we fit into lyrics more than we fit into life.
I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED TO INTRODUCE SOMEONE TO Y'ALL..
MEET MY FRIEND KELSEA
Full Name:
Kelsea Nicole Ballerini

Age: 
20

 Hometown/currently live:
Knoxville/Nashville

What made you want to start writing songs? 
I grew up really loving storytelling and journaling, and eventually that mixed with my love of music and turned into writing songs. I was 13 and needed an outlet to vent about how awkward being a 13 year old is, and songwriting just happened to become that outlet for me.

Do you play any instruments? Did you teach yourself?
I can fake it pretty well on guitar.  I’m no Keith Urban or Josh Kerr, but I can carry my own if I need to. Plus, I love writing songs by myself so being able to play a little helps. 

Who are your biggest musical inspirations?
Kelly Clarkson, Shania Twain, Beyonce, Gavin DeGraw. Anything with a good groove and catchy lyrics.

Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
Life, love, or lack thereof. Haha. It’s hard for me to write about things that I haven’t experienced. I just believe if I am going to put music out there and share it with people, it should be honest and real. 

Favorite songs you have written/co-written?
That’s a hard one. I would say it’s a tie between my single “Love Me Like You Mean It” and “The First Time”. Two totally different songs, but both are special to me for different reasons. And both we have officially cut for the album!

What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?
Hearing “Love Me Like You Mean It” on the radio! That was such a ‘holy cow is this real life’ moment. And it’s amazing to be able to share those kind of moments with my co-writers and close friends Josh Kerr, Forest Glen Whitehead, and Lance Carpenter. 

Finish this sentence…if I could write a song for or with anyone I would choose______.
For: Kelly Clarkson  With: Hillary Lindsay

Where do you see yourself in a year?     
Hopefully i’ll have a record out and will be traveling around the country sharing my songs and meeting people!
Five years: 
Same thing! Maybe get hitched. Maybe get a cool apartment in Nashville. Who knows! 

If I wasn't a songwriter I would be…
Either a veterinarian or a makeup artist. But I can’t emotionally handle blood or sad things, so most likely a makeup artist. 

I'm afraid of ______.
SPIDERS, dolls, haunted houses, storms. Kind of everything. I’m a child.

I never get tired of_______.
music. and shoes. 

Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don't know! 
I danced for 10 years! Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop. And then when I was 13 I grew like 6 inches in one year and got really long and awkward and lost all of my coordination. Watching me dance now is just an unfortunate situation for everyone involved. 
HEAD OVER AND PURCHASE KELSEA BALLERINI'S NEW SINGLE
 LOVE ME LIKE YOU MEAN IT ON ITUNES
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/love-me-like-you-mean-it-single/id892763915

PLUS CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITE KELSEA SONGS:
DIBS
YEAH BOY
THE FIRST TIME
PETER PAN
[DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW KELSEA FOR UPDATES]
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/KelseaBallerini
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/kelseaballerini
INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/kelseaballerini
WEBSITE: http://www.kelseaballerini.com
I would like to thank Kelsea for taking the time out of her busy radio-tour schedule to work with me. I am so excited to see her career finally starting to take off. I cannot wait to see her perform REALLY SOON! She, along with everyone else who knows me, should expect me in the very front row singing along to every song. And maybe we will even awkward dance together. 
Love you Kels…oh and I mean it.