ARTIST INTERVIEW: JEFFERY JORDAN

{MEET JEFFERY JORDAN}
-Full Name-
Jeffery Tilford Jordan Jr.

-Age-
19

-When did you start singing?-
Iv’e been singing for as long as I can remember. 

-What made you want to start singing?-
Iv’e always just sang.  It was never really an option. It’s just what I’m wired to do. 

-What instruments do you play? Did you teach yourself?-
I dabble on the keys, but mostly play guitar, which I taught myself.

-Who are your biggest musical inspirations?-
Eric Church is definitely my biggest musical inspiration.  He writes in a way that makes it so easy to connect with his lyrics. I’ve always wanted to be able to write like he does.  And the way he sings makes his songs connect with the listener on a personal level. And he’s different.  He doesn’t model his music off of what is mainstream at the moment like many other artists.  He has his own sound and he sticks to it. 

-Do you write your own music?-
Although I do have two covers on iTunes, i typically write al of my own music.  There are tons of singers who are talented enough to make it in this industry, but a good songwriter is much harder to come by.  It’s very difficult to be discovered in this industry if an artist is only doing covers. 

-Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?-
My inspiration to write comes from many things.  Family, other writers, girls, friends, good times.

-What is your favorite song you've written?-
My favorite song I’ve written is “Dose of a Simple Life.”  It’s all about getting rid of stress and focusing on the little things in life that we sometimes take for granted. 

-What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?-
My favorite moment of my musical career was definitely when I started working with my manager, Nathan Armstrong.  Nathan knows the business well and really gets things done.  He has become a great friend and has really pushed me to get where I am. 

-Favorite person you've opened for/played with?-
My favorite person that I’ve opened for is Christian Seay, a local Memphis artist.  It was just a really fun show and really enjoyed getting to play and see him play. 

-Finish this sentence…if I could sing a duet with anyone I would choose______.-
If I could sing a duet with anyone I would choose Eric Church. 

-If I could play at any location I would choose ______.- 
Madison Square Garden obviously. 

-Where do you see yourself in a year?           5 years?-
In a year I see myself still working hard on music and working on gaining following. I plan on finishing college at the University of Memphis before moving to Nashville to pursue my music career.   I won’t graduate until at least 2017. In five years I see myself as successful songwriter in Nashville, writing songs for other artists and also for my self. 

-If I wasn't a singer I would be….._______. Why?-
There is really not anything else I could do.  There isn’t another option.  All I want to do is sing, write, and play.

-Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don't know! ​-
Something interesting about me... When I was 17 I sold my truck so that I could by a Taylor guitar. 
{MY FAVORITE SONG?}
I absolutely LOVE the song Does of a Simple Life! It's VERY country with a bit of a rock n rock edge! 
I could listen to it on repeat…in fact, I DO!
{CHECK IT OUT!}
 {CAN'T GET ENOUGH??}
**Special thanks to my friend Jeffery for the time her spent on this interview!**