New Music Monday: Luke Combs


Background Info: I was born in Charlotte, NC in 1990 and moved to Asheville, NC when I was 8 years old with my parents. Graduated from A.C. Reynolds HS (Same HS as Chase Rice) in 2008 where I played football and sang frequently. Went to Appalachian State in the fall of 2008 (Same college as Eric Church) and dropped out with only 22 credit hours left on my degree in 2012 to pursue music.
Full Name:
Luke Albert Combs
Age:
24
Hometown/Currently Live:
Boone, NC
When did you start singing? 
Since I could talk haha
What made you want to start singing? 
 Singing just came naturally to me and it just made sense
What instruments do you play? Did you teach yourself? 
Guitar and yes I'm self taught
Who are your biggest musical inspirations? 
Garth Brooks, Eric Church, Vince Gill
Do you write your own music? 
Yes
Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
It really depends. Mostly past experiences, but I like songs to have a story as well so sometimes an abstract idea that isn't pulled directly from my life comes into fruition 
What is your favorite song you've written? 
I haven't written it yet haha
What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?  
Well in High School I sang a solo in Carnegie Hall but as far as my country career recording my first EP and getting it to my fans has been the most fulfilling for me
Finish this sentence…if I could sing a duet with anyone I would choose___.
Male: Vince Gill Female: Miranda Lambert
If I could play at any location I would choose ____.
The Ryman
Where do you see yourself in a year? 
In a year I see myself in Nashville with a publishing deal.
5 years?  
 In 5 years I see myself on tour.
If I wasn't a singer I would be…... Why? 
Homeless because music is all I'm good at haha
Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don't know! ​
I played Rugby in college and it was the most fun I had in college. AHO Rugby: Born on a Mountain Top 
{WHAT'S MY FAVORITE SONG??}
That's an easy question… I ADORE the song "Let The Moonshine." It is so country that you feel it in your bones! It is for sure a song that will be on my summer playlist for years to come! 
{Check It Out For Yourself!}
{STILL WANT MORE??}
{Special thanks to Luke for allowing me to do this interview with him. I am thankful for the opportunity and I hope to review his music again in the future and see him at a LIVE show very soon!}