ARTIST INTERVIEW: ABBI SCOTT


Age:
19
Hometown || Currently Live:
My hometown is Clinton, Indiana but I currently live in Nashville, Tennessee.

 
What made you want to start writing songs and singing?
Writing music and singing has always been my passion since I was a little girl and they have always been a great escape for me from reality.

 
Do you play any instruments?
I play the guitar and the piano.

Did you teach yourself?
No, I had lessons with both instruments.

 
Who are your biggest musical inspirations?
My biggest inspirations would have to be Martina Mcbride, Miranda Lambert, The Dixie Chicks, and Garth Brooks.

 
Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
I get inspiration from the real life experiences in my life or from my friend’s lives.

 
Favorite songs you have written/co-written?
My favorite song that I have written would have to be “I’ve Got my own Shotgun.” I co-wrote this song with Phillip White.

 
What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?
I’ve absolutely loved every minute of my career so far, I really don’t think I could pick a certain moment. But if I had to, it would be the time when I was blessed with the opportunity to open up for Luke Bryan, Dierks Bentley, and Cole Swindell outside the Bridgestone Arena in downtown Nashville, Tennessee.

 
I could write a song for or with anyone I would choose…..
I would choose to write a song with Miranda Lambert.

Finish this sentenceif I could sing a song with anyone I would choose…..
If I could sing a song with anyone I would love to do a song with Garth Brooks.

Where do you see yourself in a year?
In one year I hope to have some of my music being played on the radio, and I hope to start playing more and more shows and maybe even signed to a record label.

 
5 years?
 In five years, I want to be on a major tour with a really well-known artist, I want to be nominated for a CMA Award, or ACM award, I want to have my music being played on radio stations all across the world and I want to be a positive role model for young girls and women.

 
If I weren’t a singer/songwriter I would be
I would be an esthetician.

 
I'm afraid of…
Frogs. Deathly afraid of Frogs.

 
I never get tired of ….
listening to music, eating salt&vinegar chips and yellow gatorade.

 
Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don’t know!
Something a lot of people don’t know about me is that I’m absolutely obsessed with Minions, Elmo, and Llamas. I think these three things are the most precious things in life.

C O N N E C T
TWITTER || FB || WEB

F E E D   Y O U R   A D D I C T I O N