ARTIST INTERVIEW: KELLEIGH BANNEN

I N T E R V I E W
K E L L E I G H   B A N N E N
Hometown || Currently live
Raised in Nashville

What made you want to start writing /singing songs?
I started singing in church, and I always had some little melody in my head. As far as what made me "start"... I just love doing it more than anything else. It moves me and inspires me.

Do you play any instruments? Did you teach yourself?
I grew up playing the violin, classically trained. And I taught myself to play guitar. I can also fumble my way through some mandolin parts. I just recently learned to play the piano for one song that we're adding into our set for the fall tour. It's called "It Ain't Pretty and it'll be on my album.

Who are your biggest musical inspirations?
One of my favorite singers is Alison Krauss. We're really not similar singers at all, but she's such a stylist. Her tone is incredible, she's very inspiring. I think the Dixie Chicks in their hey day we're really great entertainers and I love seeing women really entertain on the big stage.

Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
Everything. What I'm reading, what I'm driving past, what I'm listening to.

Favorite songs you have written/recorded?
Favorite song I've recorded so far is probably "Church Clothes."

What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?
Well...one that I've been the most proud of was the success we had on "Famous" even outside of radio support. The sales, streaming, and video views were just really big considering the airplay that the song received. I think it made us realize that there might be some really huge opportunities out there for us that don't come from the traditional "how to break a new artist" playbook.

If I could play any venue I would choose_____.
Red Rocks

If I wasn’t a singer/songwriter I would be _____.
Trying to be...:)


I never get tired of ______.
playing live shows.

Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don"t know!
I was bitten by a rattlesnake the summer before high school. It was really scary

P U R C H A S E
LOOK FOR KELLEIGH BANNEN ON ITUNES!

•SPECIAL THANKS TO KELLEIGH FOR WORKING WITH THE TENNESSEE LIFE FOR THIS INTERVIEW! YALL ARE LUCKY TO GET TO KNOW THIS GAL!•

PHOTOS COURTESY OF KELLEIGH BANNEN