ARTIST INTERVIEW: JON WEBBER

 
Full Name:
Jonathan Robert Webber
 
Age:
27
Hometown || Currently Live
Burlingame, California / Nashville, Tennessee
 
What made you want to start writing /singing songs?
I started singing when I was a toddler... Apparently I was "helping" my sister practice for her school play. A short time later I was singing along with the Beatles and falling in love with their stories and melodies and harmonies-- the journey you could be taken on in just a few minutes time. My older brother bought me a guitar for my 15th birthday, and the rest is history.
 
Do you play any instruments? Did you teach yourself?
So when he gave me the guitar, he taught me probably the first song most people my age learned how to play: "Good Riddance" by Green Day. You know, that "time of your life" song that became the unofficial graduation soundtrack for high schools and middle schools all over the country... Has One Direction replaced that yet? Anyway, my brother taught me that song and I took care of the rest. I mainly stick to acoustic and electric guitars, but I dabble in bass and keys when I'm producing myself.
 
Who are your biggest musical inspirations?
The Beatles, the band Copeland, and Keith Urban. I also really admire what Garth Brooks was able to accomplish as an entertainer.
 
Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
Haha my life, for better or worse... Whether it's something I've experienced firsthand or something I think would be pretty cool. I have a song on my first album called "Shoulda Seen Her Smile" about proposing... I haven't done that yet but I imagine that's probably how it would go down. Spoiler alert.
 
Favorite songs you have written/recorded?
It's true that every song is like your baby, so it's tough to pick one. I will say, though, the most raw and vulnerable I've ever been in a song would be "One Hand on the Bible."
 
What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?
You'd think it would be something crazy like being backstage at the Opry, or being at an after party with Garth Brooks-- and don't get me wrong, those were pretty dang cool-- but those moments are far eclipsed by the individual people who write to me or come up after a show and tell me how my music has impacted their life, or helped them get through a difficult time. It's really one of those things you don't see coming, you can't prepare yourself for, and you never forget. I just feel very humbled and grateful. So grateful.
 
Finish this sentence…if I could sing a song with anyone I would choose______.
Paul McCartney. Then TSwizzle, why not.
 
If I could play any venue I would choose____.
Does heaven count?
 
If I wasn't a singer/songwriter I would be…
Probably still working in the mental health field. Or maybe the FBI. My grandpa was a Special Agent for decades and I considered following in his footsteps before Nashville called.
 
I'm afraid of ______.
Have you ever sneezed on the highway? That's terrifying, right there.
 
I never get tired of_______.
Performing live, getting to meet everyone and learning their stories, sharing that energy with the crowd. It's amazing.
 
Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don't know! ​
Hmm... When I was a teenager I was in a Michael Jackson music video. How's that?

C O N N E C T
TWITTER || FB || INSTA || WEB

T U R N   I T  U P

 
[SPECIAL THANKS TO MY FRIEND JON WEBBER FOR THE INTERVIEW! I'M SO EXCITED TO FOLLOW HIS CAREER IN THE FUTURE!]
PHOTOS PROVIDED BY JON WEBBER || Zach Harrison, Z to A Photography