ARTIST INTERVIEW: LINDSAY ELL


Full Name:
Lindsay Elizabeth Ell
 
Age:
25
 
Hometown|| Currently Live:
Nashville, TN
 
What made you want to start writing songs?
I grew up with music all around me when I was a kid…so at 10years old when I put two and two together that you could write your own songs, I was in 100%!
 
Do you play any instruments? 
Guitar is my main wheelhouse, but piano was my first instrument, and I also play a little bass, fiddle, mandolin….and will try pretty much any instrument I can get some sort of note out of.
 
Did you teach yourself?
I started playing guitar because of my dad, but ended up taking a couple years of lessons when I was younger.  Then I would just surround myself with amazing players, which in Nashville, is quite easy to do!
 
Who are your biggest musical inspirations?
Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, Tommy Emmanuel, John Mayer and Keith Urban
 
Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
I get most of my inspiration from things that are happening in my life, or just plain people watching.
 
Favorite songs you have written/co-written?
Not Another Me - I wrote it for a friend of mine who has Muscular Dystrophy, but is one of the purest hearted people I know. She was going through a hard time with her boyfriend, and I wrote her a song to prove to her that he wasn't gonna find 'another her' out there.  
 
What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?
Getting to go on my first world tour with The Band Perry this past year was pretty incredible.  We did 50 shows world-wide, and had so many amazing experiences that I’ll never forget.
 
Finish this sentence…if I could write a song for or with anyone I would choose______.
 
 
John Mayer
Where do you see yourself in a year?          
A year - touring around the country, playing 200+ shows a year, having a number one record
 
5 years?
5 years - touring around the world, playing shows to thousands of people every night, hearing them sing songs that I’ve written.

 
If I wasn't a singer I would be...
A guitar player, a singer, a producer….if it had to be out of the music industry, I’d be a director.
 
I'm afraid of ______.
Spiders. And snakes.
 
I never get tired of_______.
Playing guitar.
 
Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don't know! ​
I have the biggest sweet tooth any human could probably ask for. 

 
C O N N E C T
TWITTER || FB || INSTA || WEB || ITUNES
 
 
T U R N   I T   U P

[SPECIAL THANKS TO MY GIRL LINDSAY FOR WORKING WITH ME ON THIS INTERVIEW! SHE HAS A HUGE CAREER IN HER FUTURE AND I CANNOT WAIT TO BE ALONG FOR THE RIDE! FAN FOR LIFE!]
PHOTOS PROVIDED || LINDSEYELL.COM