ARTIST INTERVIEW: ROSE FALCON

A R T I S T   I N T E R V I E W
R O S E    F A L C O N
Full Name: 
Rose Falcon

Hometown/currently live:
 Nashville, TN

What made you want to start writing /singing songs?
My father is a singer/songwriter so I grew up with music in the house all of the time. I started writing poetry around the age of 12, which evolved in to songwriting. I signed with Columbia Records at 14.

Do you play any instruments? 
Guitar 

Did you teach yourself?
Yeah, I've had a few lessons along the way, but I mostly just messed with it myself until I could play enough to write. 

Who are your biggest musical inspirations? 
Tom Petty, Patty Griffin, Lucia Wiliams, Loretta Lynn, Patty Loveless and of course my dad, Billy Falcon.

Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
From my reality. I love true stories. If I get in a bind and can't find anything worth writing about in my life, I will read or watch a movie for inspiration. 

Favorite songs you have written/recorded?
Like Crazy and Give In to Me are my favorites I have released, but I always love the newer songs best. I can't wait to share my new stuff!

What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?
Having my first number one song with "Friday Night" was pretty awesome. 

Finish this sentence…if I could sing a song with anyone I would choose______.
My husband.

If I could play any venue I would choose____.
There is a place called The Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA that I'm dying to play at. It looks so beautiful! 

If I wasn"t a singer/songwriter I would be… 
the worst waitress you've ever had

I'm afraid of ______.
Chipping my teeth. Weird I know!

I never get tired of_______. 
Sleeping :)

Can we expect any new music coming in the future? 
Absolutely! I'm still writing for my next release, but I would say it's coming in 2015 for sure.

Will you continue to tour with your husband? You were recently in Knoxville together and everyone loved it!
Awwww thanks! Yes, as much as my schedule allows. 

Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don"t know 
I have a Goffin Cockatoo named Taco Atkins. He likes to sleep in bed with us, but he usually doesn't get to. He also has an instagram; @tacoatkins

S T A Y   C O N N E C T E D


SPECIAL THANKS TO ROSE FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT OF HER BUSY SCHEDULE TO WORK WITH ME. I LOOK FORWARD TO SHARING HER JOURNEY IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS FOR YEARS TO COME!
PHOTOS PROVIDED || COURTESY OF ROSE FALCON