ARTIST INTERVIEW: MATT THOMAS

A R T I S T  I N T E R V I E W
M A T T   T H O M A S
Full Name 
Matt Thomas
Age 
18! 19 in February! 
Hometown/currently live
I was born in Westfield, MA - raised in Milton, GA and currently live in Nashville, TN (permanently!!!!)
What made you want to start writing /singing songs? 
There's a lot to that story! Haha. Basically in a nutshell... I got my first guitar when I was 5 years old and music was really all that I was ever good at (even though I tried every sport)! I truly fell in love with music during hard times; It was the one thing that could give me hope and get me through ANYTHING.
Do you play any instruments? Did you teach yourself?
Yes! I really have never been a big fan of lessons (or school for that fact)! I play guitar and piano. And I sing... if my vocal cords are considered instruments.
Who are your biggest musical inspirations?
 I was raised on so many kinds of music. I'm obsessed with the marriage of country and pop genres. I actually don't really even believe in genres; If a song makes me feel something, I love it. My favorite artists are Dan + Shay, Hunter Hayes, John Mayer, Carrie Underwood, Ben Rector and soooooo sooooo many more.
Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
Honestly, usually my life experiences or things I witness people experience. Or, I just write random stories if I have nothing going on! (ha!)
Favorite songs you have written/recorded?
 I'm always obsessed with my latest song... the problem is those aren't recorded yet! Haha
What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?
 I try to really enjoy every moment in my career. It's not hard because I LOVE what I do. It was pretty cool to have my first meet and greet line at CMA Fest this year!
Finish this sentence...if I could sing a song with anyone I would choose____.
Lauren Alaina. I'm obsessed with her voice...obsessed. I think she's the best vocalist on planet earth. So there's that.

If I could play any venue I would choose____. 
The Grand Ole Opry! After that, Madison Square Garden *INSERT HEART EYES EMOJI HERE*
If I wasn't a singer/songwriter I would be _____.
  I honestly have no idea! I can't see myself doing anything that doesn't involve music.
I'm afraid of ____.
Not fulfilling the gifts that have been given to me!
I never get tired of ____.
The feeling of hearing an AMAZING song!
Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don't know! 
​I think all of my twitter followers know this...but I'm obsessed with dogs! 

S T A Y   C O N N E C T E D
TWITTER || WEB 


SPECIAL THANKS TO MATT FOR TAKING THE TIME TO WORK ON ME FOR THIS INTERVIEW! THIS GUY IS ONE TO WATCH PEOPLE!
PHOTOS PROVIDED || COURTESY OF MATT THOMAS