ARTIST INTERVIEW: THE SPRINGS

I N T E R V I E W
      T H E   S P R I N G S

Full Names: 
Holly Carol Helms and Stewart Elijah Halcomb

Ages: 
Holly, 22 & Stewart, 24

Hometown/currently live:
Holly, New Market, AL
Stewart, Enterprise, AL.
We both live in Nashville, TN now.

What made you want to start writing songs?
For me, I met a couple, Donny and Susan Grace that was involved with NSAI while I was singing at a karaoke contest in Guntersville, AL. They came up and introduced themselves to me and asked me if I had ever thought about writing and I was about 16 at the time so I was young and didn't really know much about writing so I hadn't. They sort of took me under their belt and helped me get started. -Holly

My high school was hit by a tornado in March of 2007. That day I went home and wrote my very first song. I realized in that moment how much music can really touch lives and how you can influence so many people with such little words. -Stewart

 Do you play any instruments? Did you teach yourself?
I can play a couple chords on the guitar haha. Stewart is MUCH better than I am at guitar! I can play a good tambourine hahah! -Holly

Who are your biggest musical inspirations?
Mine would have to be LeAnn Womack.
She's so soulful and country and I love it.

Probably Conway Twitter or Garth Brooks. I grew up on them so they were a huge influence in my music and writing -Stewart

Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
I would say from each other and from the people we are around! Our love for each other is expressed in a lot of our music on our new album! We try to be happy people haha. -Stewart

Favorite songs you have written/co-written?
My favorite is probably a song we wrote called "21". I lost my grandmother and cousin both in drunk driving incidents. Stewart lost a good friend in one back in Dec of 2013 so that song is very special to the both of us and we wrote it together.
-Holly

What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?
I think just being able to be on stage together every night and being able to travel together is the best thing ever. Our relationship and career is so healthy and just awesome because we aren't apart that much!
-Stewart

Finish this sentence…if I could write a song for or with anyone I would choose______.
If I could write a song for someone if would be Carrie Underwood. There's a song on our new album called "Don't Tell Him That" that I think would be perfect for her haha -Holly

If I could write a song with and for someone it would be Garth Brooks. The man is a genius and such an awesome artist! I'd love to have that opportunity haha. -Stewart

Where do you see yourself in a year? 5 years?
In a year we will be getting married haha, so probably wedding planning and playing music at the same time haha. In 5 years hopefully with a big song cut by an artist or maybe even one of our songs with us singing it on the radio haha! -Holly

If I wasn"t a songwriter I would be…

I originally wanted to be a pediatrician so I would probably still be in school for that haha -Stewart

A news anchor. -Holly

I'm afraid of ______.
I am afraid of falling on stage. I always wear heels and my ankles are so wobbly. I am waiting to pull a Luke Bryan haha! -Holly

I never get tired of_______.
I never get tired of music. Although we are around it all the time singing and songwriting is in my blood. Even if we are on vacation it's what we listen to and it's all we talk about haha. -Stewart

Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don"t know!

Holly is very socially awkward. Once you REALLY get to know her she's fine but she is very shy in her own way when you first meet her haha. -Stewart

Stewart was valedictorian of his high school class. He's VERY smart. I call him a closet nerd haha. -Holly
Holly and Stewart are giving away 7 FREE SONGS AND EXCLUSIVE ACCESS at www.thespringsband.com.

S T AY  C O N N E C T E D
TWITTER || FACEBOOK || INSTAGRAM || YOUTUBE

SPECIAL THANKS TO HOLLY AND STEWART FOR THIS INTERVIEW! I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE MET THEM AND VEEN ABLE TO SHARE THEIR INTERVIEW WITH YALL!!