THE SKY'S DROPPIN' JUPITER AROUND US LIKE SOME OLD TRAIN...

SEPTEMBER IS HEREEEEE! In Knoxville, Labor Day Weekend is a big deal. Every year they host a firework show called Boomsday! Normally I'm not into fireworks or big crowds, but this year I knew I had to go! 

About three months ago I started hearing rumors about a concert or two that would be happening at Boomsday. At first I heard Rodney Atkins, then Native Run, and then…I heard the one name that made me jump for joy. Obviously I'm talking about Kelsea Ballerini
So…for the past month and a half I've been waiting for the moment to see Kelsea perform at Boomsday. 

I called in reinforcements and asked my best friend Nikki to join me for Boomsday! After some reassuring that we would NOT be staying for fireworks, she agreed. We met up with my friends Jeff and Kristina around 5pm and spent the next few hours listening to music and sweating…no really, it was MISERABLY HOT!!!
First up on the stage?  
Jackie and I both grew up in Blount County and we have TONS of mutual friends! This however, was my first time getting to meet him and see him perform live. Listen up y'all, I'm OBSESSED! He put on a great show and I am officially a HUGE fan! 
[SIDENOTE: Look for his interview on my website SOON!] 
My friends and I ended up walking over to another stage to see another artist and ended up missing Lindsay Ell! I'm still terribly upset about this!!

BUT…I MADE IT BACK JUST IN TIME TO SEEEEEEEEEE….
So I've only seen Kelsea perform her songs live one other time and it was in the basement of WIVK in Knoxville while she was here on her radio tour! So being able to see her on stage and singing in front of tons of other people was a super exciting moment for me! 
Kelsea sang XO, Dibs, The First Time, a cover of Lady A's Downtown, and her new single Love Me Like You Mean It. Naturally I was in the front row singing every single word and awkwardly dancing. No really, VERY awkward. I'm 100% sure I was embarrassing myself but I don't mind one little bit. 
SIDENOTE: I SANG WITH KELSEA….okay, I'm lying a little bit. I sang in Kelsea's microphone…with about ten other girls…and I was off key….and STILL awkward dancing. Regardless though, I can check that off my bucket list. 

After her set I of course spent the next hour taking pictures and hanging out with everyone.
Special shout-out to these two studs! I've seen these guys perform many times and together, they make a great pair! I am so glad Jacob Simmons and Josh Kerr are part of Kelsea's team. 
[Oh and thanks Caty and Sutton for sharing Jacob with Knoxville for the evening! On behalf of everyone else, we appreciate it!]

Kelsea Ballerini: you are the cutest and sweetest girl ever! Thanks for being my favorite singer/songwriter and friend! I love you AND I mean it!

[I leave you with just a few more pictures from the amazing night]
So until next time Boomsday….