ARTIST INTERVIEW: DYLAN SCOTT

He's a little bit of soul and rock n' roll. He's a little bit of hip-hop and R&B. But most of all, he's a lot country. Dylan Scott is my definition of "new country." He has something that sounds familiar but sometimes I truly believe he is in a category completely on his own. 

Dylan is the guy who has a "typical country song" in Makin' This Boy Go Crazy. Dylan is the guy who is testing the waters with his new single Mmm Mmm Mmm on the radios now. Dylan is the guy who gets on stage and performs every single show with energy that most artists save for big locations like Madison Square Garden or Bridgestone Arena. Dylan is the guy who has a voice so smooth that when he breaks out a little R&B slow jam we all melt. Dylan is the guy who does it all while showing the world how much he loves his job.
I fell in love with his music about two years ago. I'm not really sure how I found his music but I sure am glad that I did. I remember being SO excited to hear Makin' This Boy Go Crazy on the radio for the first time. For months all I did was annoy people about buying his single and his EP. I know they thought I was crazy at the time but they eventually thanked me for introducing them to his music. 

Now fast forward nearly two years later and I'm jamming in my car to single number two: Mmm Mmm Mmm. Traveling 645 miles across the United States to see this guy jump around onstage, perform for a bunch of people eating peaches, and enjoy every second of his career. It's one thing to sing for a living. It's something totally different to show everyone in the crowd just how much it means to you. Watching Dylan on stage is truly magical. He makes you feel like you are the only person at his show and he's thankful. He draws you in with his fun personality and kind heart. 

If you love your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life
DYLAN SCOTT LOVES HIS JOB.
I've seen Dylan six times. I think. I've probably seen him a few more times that have slipped my mind. All I know is I've seen him A LOT! The first time being EXACTLY 62 weeks ago. [I stalked my Instagram for confirmation] 
Whiskey Bent || Nashville, TN
Mulligans || Knoxville, TN
Dave & Busters || Nashville, TN
Tin Roof || Birmingham, AL
CMA Fest || Nashville, TN
Ruston Peach Festival || Ruston, LA
Ps…Let's not even talk about how many concert clips I've watched on Youtube. It's been hours of me glued to my Macbook. 

He's been in East Tennessee and I've seen him in my town. I've traveled the 4+ hour drive to Nashville on multiple occasions. I've traveled to Birmingham on a whim just hours before the show because Dylan talked me into coming. Oh and one time recently I traveled on three planes. Two down, one back. Oh and did I mention my four hour layover in Atlanta and the humid, nasty, hot, weather Louisiana is made up of? Yeah, he's so good at every show, no matter the difficulty I face and the disasters that occur, I would do it again in a heartbeat. HE'S THAT GOOD PEOPLE.
SO WITHOUT FURTHER INTRODUCTION…
MEET THE GUY WHO MADE ME TRAVEL 650 MILES TO SEE HIM.
MEET THE GUY WHO MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH HIS MUSIC.
MEET THE GUY I CALL MY FAVORITE.
DYLAN SCOTT
Age 
23- Born 10/22/1990...and I was a fat baby!!! 


Hometown/currently live
Born and raised in a little place called Beekman, LA. Seriously no stop light, 20 min from the nearest anything, and thats the way I liked it.  I could literally jump on my four wheeler or dirt bike and ride all day and never see anyone. Some call it boring, I call it HOME.   I currently live in Nashville,Tn.


When did you start singing? 
I have video of me singing on my dad's lap at 2yrs old while he played I guitar I was singing "I like my women on the trashy side" and "Chatahoochie"!  Lol 


What made you want to start singing? 
My dad was in the business. He quit when I was born but I always saw pictures of him and heard stories and listened to him.  I wanted to be my dad growing up, and ending up growing to have a passion for not only country music, but MUSIC!   


What instruments do you play? Did you teach yourself? 
I play guitar, and get by on piano.  I was 4 when I started playing piano, and just play by ear. My dad taught me fundamentals and I took it from there.  Same way with guitar at age 12.  My younger brother Logan(21) took it further on guitar and is now the lead guitar player of my band. 


Who are your biggest musical inspirations? 
Besides my dad, Keith Whitley was my role model growing up. Such a smooth, emotional voice. He's like Elvis to me. 


Do you write your own music? 
I do, I haven't written my whole life.  Honestly didn't get big into it until I moved to Nashville. I always wanted to just get on stage and sing, but grew to have a huge passion for writing once I moved to TN.  It's one of my favorite things to do besides perform now. 


Where do you get inspiration to write your songs? 
It comes in different forms.  I dont like to write just to write. Nothing worse than showing to a write and staring at another writer for hours. WASTE OF TIME!  I like to have something hit me, call my buddies up and say, "I got an idea"...and then we write it.   


What moment in your music career is your favorite so far? 
ALL OF IT!  Not a day goes by that I don't realize how blessed I am to not only be living in Nashville, but living the dream so many dream of as a kid.  I get to play music every night to a crowd who sings songs back to me and I get to meet awesome people who love music.  


Favorite person you've opened for/played with? 
Neal McCoy is one the realest, talented performers I've ever had the chance to open for.  


Where do you see yourself in a year?  
You never know in this business, I'm just gonna take it day by day and enjoy what's happening.       
5 years? 
Hopefully still performing on a hot summer night in front of a few thousand people having the time of our lives!  


Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or  strange that most people don't know! ​ 
Well, I bite my nails! I hate it, I won't to stop, but I don't even realIze I do it. And I have an uncontrollable love for QUESO, or any cheese dip for that matter! Heck I love cheese! 
 If I could play at any location I would choose ______. 
A wide open field somewhere with a bonfire and just some good ol people who like country music and having fun! 


 If I wasn't a singer I would be _______. 
Never thought about, maybe a personal trainer. I just love the gym and talking with people about working out. 


I'm afraid of_____.
WOMEN!!  Haha...no, dogs! Big dogs that bark!  I like friendly dogs though. Lol. 


If I gave you a plane ticket to go anywhere in the world where would you go? 
Alaska!  I want to go hunting in there so bad!! AND, I wanna see how it stays dark there for long periods of time or light for long periods of time.   
I never get tired of ________.  
Eating! I'm a Louisiana boy, so we know about good food, and how to cook good food!  I love to eat! Matter of fact, I'm eating pizza right now as I answer these questions! Haha
[DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW DYLAN FOR UPDATES AND NEW MUSIC]
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/DylanScottCntry
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/dylanscottcountry
INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/dylanscottcountry
WEBSITE: http://www.dylanscottcountry.com
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/DylanScottCountry


AND HEAD OVER AND PURCHASE HIS SINGLE
 Mmm Mmm Mmm ON ITUNES NOW
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dylan-scott-ep/id797071157
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY FRIEND DYLAN SCOTT FOR TAKING THE TIME TO FINALLY, YES FINALLY, BE A PART OF MY BLOG. I'VE BEEN A FAN FROM EARLY ON IN HIS CAREER AND I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE HIS SUCCESS JUST WITHIN THE PAST TWO YEARS. EVERYONE KNOWS HE IS MY FAVORITE AND I DON'T SEE THAT CHANGING ANYTIME SOON. 
SO, I'LL SEE YOU SOON DYLAN. HOPEFULLY A LITTLE CLOSER TO HOME THIS TIME. 
 IF YOU ARE A FAN, STICK AROUND. HE'LL ALWAYS HAVE A SPOT ON MY BLOG.