CONCERT REVIEW: Chase Rice || Clare County Fair


August 3rd, 2015
Clare County Fair || Harrison, MI


Carter Winter: To say I was amazed by Carter Winter is an understatement. I was sold by the second song: his cover of Chris Janson’s Buy Me a Boat. He had some amazing covers including Thomas Rhett’s Make Me Wanna, along with Dierks Bentley’s Drunk on a Plane, Sam Hunt’s House Party and a solo acoustic performance of Leave the Night On. Make sure to check out his EP Some Kind of Fire, because mark my words, this guy is going places.


Chase Rice: Oh. My. Lanta. So I’ve heard from most of the TL gals say Chase is great live. Well let me tell ya, the hours of waiting in line and driving were worth it. We jammed with Chase from the front row, and I was missing about half of my voice post show. Everyone loves to talk about all of Chase’s ‘party music’ and don’t get me wrong, those jams were wonderful. (I mean, who doesn’t love a little U Turn?) However, he won me over with his slower songs. I have never seen such raw emotion on stage as when Chase sang Jack Daniele’s and Jesus. It was the highlight of the show for me, along with Look At My Truck and Carolina Can. You could tell Chase put his whole soul in it. Forever wishin’ I could relive this Monday! If you get a chance to catch CR live, do yourself a favor and take it.

 
Both these guys bring great tunes and a great show to the table, and I hope you get to see them  live real soon!

xox,
Jess