CONCERT REVIEW: Luke Bryan, Cole Swindell, & Lee Brice


Luke Bryan
Thompson Boling Arena
January 18, 2014 

WOW! What an incredible night I got to experience! I went into with really high expectations for Cole Swindell and Luke Bryan and not so high expectations for Lee Brice. Let me just tell y'all I now have a whole new view on this concert tour and the artists. 



Now onto the first performance of the night.COLE SWINDELL!

Clearly if you know me well you know that Cole is one of my absolute favorites. If you know me REALLY well you know that I sing "Lemme See Ya Girl" EVERY MORNING before I go to teach. I was BEYOND excited to
see him perform. He did a great job and I LOVED all the songs on the setlist. However, I was a little disappointed he didn't play long. He is simply amazing and I just wanted to hear more! I cannot wait to see him in concert again. He is the next big thing. 













I  want to share a lot about  Lee Brice…I didn't really expect to enjoy his portion as much as Cole's and Luke's to be honest. Well now I understand why he is opening for Luke instead of Cole. His show was incredible. He has so much passion when he 
sings and it's very clear that he adores his job. 
I was lucky enough to meet and have a picture taken with him and he is the sweetest guy I have ever met. He literally made sure he asked for my name and then asked if I wanted a hug or handshake. I said hug and he said "What if I just give you a kiss?" Naturally I said no.kidding….of course I agreed. He took a picture,  signed my ticket, hugged me one more time and winked and said he
would catch me later. I WAS IN HEAVEN. So then I was excited for the show to see what he brought to the crowd. HE WAS REMARKABLE! I've always liked his songs but never really LOVED them. He is one of those artists you
MUST see live. He is for sure one of my favorites. 









AND…speaking of favorites, THIS happened also. We are clearly best friends now. 





 Now onto the performance of the night. LUKE BRYAN!
Who knew someone's hips could move like that. I will have the images of his butt in my head forever…and trust me, I don't hate it. He just put on a completely mind blowing performance from tip to tail


It all started here….on the top of "big black jacked up truck" with flames that came from under the stage. I knew it was gonna be incredible from the first ten seconds. I mean WOW!










Then it was on to the normal…you know, hip shaking songs. He sang a few older songs like "Muckalee Creek Water" and "Suntan City." That was something I really enjoyed. He also did a cover of Dynamite and the Macklemore song "Can't Hold Us." 








Then the piano came out and he sang and played…yes ladies, it was enough to make you melt. 















After a few more songs out came the "pier" or DOCK as I would call it. He sat down and sang "Drink A Beer." This was probably my favorite part of the night. This song really hits home with me and I loved that he took time to sit down and play a slower more acoustic song. 












And yes…he really sat there and had a beer. And for a split moment 90% of the arena was jealous…gotta love a dry concert. 


Then…the moment we were al waiting for. 
Country Girl Shake It For Me
…and boy did HE shake it. 
Once again, BEST SEATS EVER!
So thankful for this night and the people I got to spend it with! I love you all so much!




Until next time Luke…
…..keep shakin' it.