ARTIST INTERVIEW: BLAIR HANKS


Full Name:
Blaire Hanks

Age:
22

Hometown || Currently Live
I'm originally from Macclenny FL but I've been in Nashville about 4 years now

What made you want to start writing /singing songs?
It's always been my passion for as long as I can remember! I can remember before I really knew how to play an instrument I would write raps and come up with clever hooks and when I saw I could start incorporating that with my guitar while learning how to play I fell in love! It was always something I did to just escape or express feelings but as I got better at it and started writing actual real songs I realized it was something I needed to chase full time

Do you play any instruments? Did you teach yourself?
I play guitar! That's the only instrument I can play fluently! I'm still learning piano! But yes I taught myself how to play! I took like a couple months of lessons and just didn't like going so I just started a watching YouTube videos and playing along to other songs by ear!

Who are your biggest musical inspirations?
Well being a FL boy I grew up on a lot of Bob Marley and he's always been my favorite! But I have so many inspirations from Keith Whitley to Wiz to Sinatra! I have a huge love for so many different artists

Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
My inspirations come from either something I'm going through physically/emotionally at the time or what I feel is a good time party vibe that would sound killer live! I love making beats and if you can put a killer beat in front of me I can usually roll with something!

Favorite songs you have written/recorded?
My favorite of all my songs so far is a song I wrote bout two years ago called "Pray"! It's just a deep song and I personally favor! Haven't recorded it yet but hoping to very soon! I do have a live version of me singing it on YouTube though

What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?
My favorite moment happens every time I get a message from someone saying how much they love my music! That's an unbeatable feeling

If I could sing a song with anyone I would choose
Carrie Underwood

If I could play any venue I would choose
PCB spring break with Luke

If I wasn’t a singer/songwriter I would be…
The owner my own surf shop/bar somewhere on the coast

I’m afraid of…
SPIDERS!!

I never get tired of…
my fans interaction with and love for me! That's the best feeling!

Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don’t know!
Oh this is easy because I'm a really weird individual haha but something strange I do is when I'm in a restaurant I can't sit with my back towards the door! I hate it! I have to be facing the door!

C O N N E C T

I N H A L E   T H E   E A R  C A N D Y