ARTIST INTERVIEW: TRAVIS DENNING


A week or so ago I featured an interview about The Gin in Tifton, Georgia. I got quite a few emails about the names that were dropped as performers at this venue. Of course I heard a lot about Jon Langston and Cole Swindell and how I should feature them on TL.
However, I received the most feedback about a country guy named Travis Denning.
I was familiar with Travis and reached out for an interview. Luck was on my side and he kindly agreed to let me feature him with an artist interview.

So, meet the guy who says he will never get tired of singing. Well that and Georgia football...
 
Full Name:
Travis Rentz Denning
Age:
22
Hometown || Currently Living:
Bonaire, GA/Nashville, TN

What made you want to start writing songs and singing?
I began playing guitar at the age of 10 and never lost interest. I was completely obsessed with playing music, and my passion only got stronger until I decided to start singing, and later start writing songs. I have always driven to play and create music from the first time I started playing a guitar.
Do you play any instruments?
I play guitar, mandolin, some drums, and I pretend I know what I'm doing when I sit behind a piano.

Did you teach yourself?
I took lessons for a year and a half to play guitar.
 
Who are your biggest musical inspirations?
The Allman Brothers Band, Alabama, The Marshall Tucker Band, Neil Young, Jason Isbell, Stevie Wonder, and Bruce Springsteen were some of the biggest influences on me. Some more musically, some more from the way they mastered songwriting, but all have been very influential in my journey as a music lover.
Where do you get inspiration to write your songs?
Life, and that's my favorite thing about writing. It's the honest truth from someone's heart that made me, and so many other folks fall in love with songs.
 
Favorite songs you have written/co-written?
It always changes at any given time what song I am most in love with, but "The Fall" that I co-wrote with Cole Taylor and Jaida Dreyer is one I think I will never get tired of singing. It is very special.
 
What moment in your music career is your favorite so far?
Signing my publishing deal with Red Creative Group.
 
Finish this sentence…if I could write a song for or with anyone I would choose______.
I would choose to write a song with Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters.
 
Finish this sentence…if I could sing a song with anyone I would choose______.
Otis Redding.
 
Where do you see yourself in a year?           5 years?
For both answers I sure hope on a bus playing music all over the country and writing songs.
 
If I wasn't a singer/songwriter I would be…
Unhappy.
 
I'm afraid of ______.
Not being able to do what I love, and spiders. I dislike spiders.
 
I never get tired of_______.
Music and Georgia Football
 
Okay, I always ask people to tell me one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don" know!
I don't own any white socks, only black socks. And I don't really know why. I just like black socks.
 
C O N N E C T
TWITTER || FB ||  WEB
 
F E E D  Y O U R  A D D I C T I O N
[INHALE MY FAVORITE TRAVIS DENNING JAM]