ALBUM REVIEW: Michael Ray


Finally, it’s here. The self-titled debut album from one of my absolute faves, Michael Ray. I can’t tell y’all how excited I was for this album to drop...and it didn’t disappoint! Actually, it blew away my expectations.

This album is, in my opinion, just what the world needed. It’s got just enough of classic country feel with Real Men Love Jesus & Somewhere South, but it’s also got a fresh new feel with jams like This Love, Another Girl & Look Like This. It also includes Ray’s FIRST #1 Hit, Kiss You In The Morning.

Michael ain’t “bro-country”, that’s fact. The lyrics aren’t just ‘bout a pretty girl in a pickup truck, that doesn’t mean there’s no mention of them though. With all of the music being released in country, you’ve gotta be able to stand out and give the fans something they can’t get from anyone else...and that’s what MR does. You can feel the energy in the songs when you’re jammin’ to them in the car or with friends, they make ya wanna have a damn good time.

One of the tunes on this album, Drivin’ All Night was previously recorded by Jake Owen for his Days Of Gold album. Michael added his own spin and style to the song so it became his own, while taking nothing away from Jake’s version. That impressed me big time. Then again, the Florida boys got this game on lock.

My final opinion: GET. YOUR. COPY. NOW. If ya asked me to pick a fave song off this album, I wouldn’t be able to give you an answer...they’re all hits. So do yourself a favor & get this album now so you can see firsthand how insanely talented this guy truly is.

xoxo Christy

Buy Michael Ray’s debut album on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/michael-ray/id1020453224