ARTIST INTERVIEW: Brooke Eden

She's been named one of CMT's Next Women of Country.
Her energy on stage takes me back to the days of Shania Twain, and she's sweeter than apple pie.
With a voice and style all her own, she is Brooke Eden.
Hometown/currently live: 
Loxahatchee, Fl, but I live in Nashville now

What made you want to start writing songs and singing? 
I started singing with my dad's band at age 5 and knew the first time I sang that singing is what I wanted to do. Writing came later in life when real world problems became real life songs

Do you play any instruments? 
un poco guitar

Did you teach yourself?
 I've had a guitar teacher, but have spent a lot of time on YouTube and on guitarchords.com :)

Who are your biggest musical inspirations? 
Adele, Shania Twain, Eric Church, Etta James, and Rihanna

Where do you get inspiration to write your songs? 
My life, my friends' lives, grocery store lines...I'm a total eaves dropper, and people watcher

Favorite songs you have written/co-written? 
American Dreamin' and Cover Girl

What moment in your music career is your favorite so far? 
Singing with Sugarland and signing my record deal with Broken Bow/Red Bow

Finish this sentence…if I could write a song for or with anyone I would choose______.
Adele


Finish this sentence…if I could sing a song with anyone I would choose____.
Eric Church

Where do you see yourself in a year? 
On the radio          

5 years? 
singing on the grammys :) i'm a dreamer

If I wasn't a singer/songwriter I would be… 
I've decided either a yoga instructor or one of Nelly's hype guys

I'm afraid of_____.
failure

I never get tired of _____.
Mexican food

Okay, we always ask people to tell us one thing about themselves that is random or strange that most people don't know! 
​I never spend more than $30 on a piece of clothing or jewelry unless I'm on the red carpet...with Forever XX1 and H&M, aint nobody got time for the fancy stuff!


Make sure y'all head on over and download Americam Dreamin' on iTunes:

CONNECT