GO AHEAD, CALL ME FELICIA

If you haven't been living under a rock for the last six months, you've heard the phrase "Bye Felicia."  

The phrase was originally from the movie Friday, but made a huge jump in exposure about six months ago after being featured on Bad Girl's Club.
(I don't watch that show, but research told me so.)  

So what's the idea behind "Bye Felicia"?
Well the idea is to use the catchphrase when someone says they are leaving that you genuinely don't care about.
His or her real identities become irrelevant because nobody cares.
Instead, they are now Felicia.  

You've probably seen the idiom before. Maybe you've even used it yourself.
I know I have.
I've used it and I've genuinely meant it in context.  

However, I never truly thought about the saying until I recieved a spam email with "Hey Felicia…" as the subject line.  

SO, IT GOT ME THINKING..
Who is this Felicia gal?
And is being called her such a bad thing?  

I look at this fictional "Felicia" character and see a gypsy heart.
She's a modern day nomad.
A traveler.
An adventurer.
Explorer and wanderer.  

Felicia is always on the move.
She's always roaming /&/ drifting around.  

Maybe Felicia has somewhere to go.
Maybe she doesn't.  

Maybe she's following a dusty path to nowhere.
Or maybe's she's taking a little road tripper to see her fave artist in concert.  

I look at Felicia and see a girl who is on her own journey everyday.
A journey to expand her mind, free her soul, and feed her wanderlust desire.  

I look at Felicia and see myself.
I am the girl who jumps at the offer to travel.
I am the girl stalking tour dates just to find the perfect road trip.

I am a nomad, just like Felicia.

So from now on, when I leave a room say those two words..
Bye Felicia.  

And if you're lucky, someone will say it to you too.  

It turns out, we all want Felicia's life.
She's always going somewhere